Does your life ever feel unmanageable or that you’re barely holding on? Perhaps all is well, yet you feel like something is missing. Do you wonder does God really hear you? Does prayer even matter? Do you ever feel like you’re living someone else’s life and not the one you desire to live? Have you felt the need to go deeper into your inner life with God? Perhaps you have way more questions than answers. Spiritual Direction is the oldest form of talk therapy (though it is not therapy) having it’s roots in Judeo-Christian history. In centuries past one might have gone to their rabbi, priest, wise neighbor or friend to help with life and all it’s challenges and transitions from the perspective of one’s connection to God and the spiritual journey. Now spiritual direction is a professional practice for individuals and groups that is becoming more widespread and sought after.
What Does the Practice Provide?
Spiritual Direction provides a supportive, non-judgmental, confidential place to share and understand your personal story, recognizing the Divine Presence in and through all of life. Spiritual direction invites you to a deeper connection, recognition and understanding of God, self and others that helps bring about authentic living through healing, growth and transformation.
Why Do People Come to Spiritual Direction?
For many reasons… some are:
- For a more personal and authentic connection with God
- For renewed or deeper understanding of the spiritual journey
- For support and guidance through divorce, grieving of loss or other life transitions
- For support in overcoming addictions
- For authentic healing and transformation
- To discern one’s call or purpose in life
- To be able to recognize and live out of one’s True Self
What are the Benefits of Spiritual Direction?
- Peace in the midst of all of life, including the chaos
- Release from judgment of self and others
- Freedom from addictions
- A full, engaged, more abundant life
- Happiness and acceptance
- Clarity of thought and insight
- Greater love of self and others
- Reduction of stress and release of anger
- Emotional and spiritual healing and transformation
Find out how Spiritual Direction can serve you. Book your free discovery call with Maria today. You’ll be so glad you did.
Who is Maria?
Maria Gullo is the founder of The Deeper Connection, a work and community dedicated to helping individuals go from anxiety, stress and loneliness to inner peace and freedom, through experiencing a deeper connection with God, self and others. Maria has her graduate degree from Neumann University in Pastoral Care and Counseling and Spiritual Direction. She is an ordained minister and has spent the past twenty-plus years delivering the message of Christ through contemplative Christian spirituality; teaching centering prayer, leading retreats, workshops, and lectures. Maria’s guided prayer and meditation tools include audio downloads and CDs, available here online as well as on the Insight Timer mobile meditation app. Learn more about Maria.
Maria offers virtual online and private one-on-one Spiritual Direction sessions to help individuals develop a deeper connection, clearer understanding and authentic relationship with God, self and others.
Maria wants to hear from you! Tell your story or where you are in your journey.