What is Spiritual Direction?
Given all the talk and differing opinions around spirituality today, the term Spiritual Direction might be a bit confusing. You will have a clearer understanding through this description, however, the only way to truly understand, is by experiencing it. Words are incomplete when trying to describe the gentle movement of the Holy Spirit, or the awakening that happens when someone responds to their Divine invitation into healing.
- helps you grow into a deeper relationship with God which brings about authentic healing and transformation.
- gives you a sacred place to recognize, share and understand your personal story.
- helps you recognize the presence of God in and through all of life.
- helps you hear God’s voice and understand your life purpose
- assists you in healing from the inside out, from the deepest wounds buried in the unconscious that only the Holy Spirit can touch.
- helps you overcome many life challenges such as addiction, loss and divorce.
Maria is a trained Spiritual Director with a Master’s Degree in Pastoral Counseling and 16 years in private practice. A Spiritual Director is one who listens, gently guides and walks with you as the Holy Spirit leads.
Spiritual Direction is not psychotherapy and is not meant to take the place of psychological counseling. Spiritual Direction is invaluable, even essential for those who desire a deeper relationship with and understanding of God and their truest self. Spiritual Direction is a professional practice that offers a one on one relationship with a trained and experienced Spiritual Director.